[c-nsp] 3560g switch - tagged vlans and untagged frames

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Apr 10 03:08:34 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 10:32:53PM +0300, Damian Higgins wrote:
> How about this scenario. Let's say you want a VLAN tagged on all the ports,
> but also want different untagged VLANs on those ports (e.g. port 10 tagged
> vlan 306 and untagged vlan 6, port 11 tagged vlan 306 and untagged vlan 7).
> So native VLAN is out of question here since all ports would be untagged in
> the same VLAN ID.

No.  Native VLAN is per-port, and would do exactly this: specify the VLAN
that is assigned to untagged incoming frames, and that is sent untagged
for outgoing frames.

> Can you please test the following setup and tell me if it works? :
>
> interface GigabitEthernet0/10
>    description testing cisco vlans
>    switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
>    switchport trunk allowed vlan 306
>    switchport mode trunk
>    switchport access vlan 6

"switchport access" is irrelevant for trunk mode, *plus* if you only
allow "vlan 306", vlan 6 will not be sent, no matter whether tagged or not.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de