[c-nsp] Using EoMPLS instead of end to end VLAN

Antonis Vosdoganis avosdo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 13:14:03 EDT 2013

We have a BGP session with a carrier delivered on ME3600-A. Because ME3600
is not able to carry bgp table we have create vlan 100 and we and made the
gigabit port access to vlan 100.

7609 <---------- ME3600-B <--------- ME3600-A <------- BGP SESSION

 ME3600-A
vlan 100
name BGP_PEERING

 interface GigabitEthernet0/1
description BGP_PEERING
switchport access vlan 100

 ME3600-A and ME3600-B are interconnected with a trunk port.

 ME3600-B
vlan 100
name BGP_PEERING

 ME3600-B and 7609 are also interconnected with a trunk port

 CISCO 7609-S
vlan 100
name BGP_PEERING

 interface Vlan100
description BGP_PEERING
ip address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 255.255.255.248

In all trunk ports we are using mpls enabled SVIs.

 So the vlan 100 travels all the way from ME3600-A to 7609 and the bgp
session is running on 7609.

I am trying to say is it possible to replace the vlan with EoMPLS and how?

 Best Regards

 Antonis.