[c-nsp] Cisco 7600/6500 IPv6 netflow export with source/destination ASNs

Steve Glendinning steve at netthatworks.com
Fri Apr 12 14:10:01 EDT 2013

Hi all,

We have 3 7600's with rsp720 running SRE8, and we're exporting netflow v9.
 Everything comes through as we expect for IPv4, including the source and
destination ASNs, but IPv6 flows are always exported with both source and
destination ASNs set to zero.  This isn't helping much as we're trying to
use the excellent as-stats tool for simple visualisation of "who am I
exchanging data with", and it completely relies on the ASNs!

My google-fu is failing to find any reference to this.  Is there a way to
configure this, or is it a limitation of the 6500/7600 platform for IPv6
netflow?

Thanks in advance,
--
Steve Glendinning