[c-nsp] BGP Signalled VPLS

Caillin Bathern caillinb at commtelns.com
Tue Apr 23 04:54:06 EDT 2013

Adam,

My comment related to BGP VPLS with BGP signalling.  When you have two
VPLS PE interfaces with matching VE ID and VE block offset (in the same
VPLS) then you fall to the standard BGP tie-breakers for route selection
such as local-preference.  Hence you can have a single switched CE site
connect to two PEs and not have a loop between the core and access as
you do with LDP signalled VPLS.

Caillin