[c-nsp] BGP Signalled VPLS

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Apr 23 12:59:17 EDT 2013

Thanks Caillin/Saku/Adam, this differentiation of VPLS LDP Sig compared to
BGP Sig as it relates to loop prevention during redundant pe/ce at edge is
of interest to me...(I actually had a l2 forwarding loop scare me to death
and had to shut down backside c-to-c during maintenance window a few months
ago)....i walked away from that with a big question in my head as to how
does customer spanning tree feed into the loop prevention of split horizon
groups within a vpls as how pw forwarding treatment occurs...and I thought
to myself , it probably doesn't... which has had me wondering about this for
a few months....

BUT, now y'all mention that bgp signaled vpls as it relates to redundant
pe/ce avoids this.... correct?  I have adam's link, thanks adam, but does
anyone have more links related to understanding all that?

Adam's implementation link....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.3/lxvpn/co
nfiguration/guide/lesc43pbb.html#wp1183684

Aaron