[c-nsp] need mpls on bridge domain routed interface - bvi not an option

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Aug 6 09:42:15 EDT 2013

I'm trying to get MPLS to work over a BVI, doesn't appear to be an option on
my asr9006 running IOS XR 4.1.2

I need flexible efp pop operations on a l2transport interface in order to
get some 802.1q tagging to work via a thirdparty's network.. So then I take
that l2transport subinterface and put it into a bg:bd and put a bvi on top
of that..but I want to run mpls over top of that between my bvi and the
far-side router..

What is a workaround to this since BVI isn't an option for mpls ldp in xr
4.1.2

I cannot upgrade IOS XR on this asr9k right now.

Aaron