[c-nsp] ASA 8.4 to 9.1 question.

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Aug 6 13:36:44 EDT 2013

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013, Scott Voll wrote:

> OK, I'm slammed right now, but they are talking about upgrades of our ASA's
> to 9.1.  we are currently on 8.4 train.  Is there a big difference like 8.2
> to 8.4 there was?
>
> or is this the "typical" type upgrade?
>
> I just need to let them know how much time it's going to take to research
> and implement.

Are you doing anything with IPv6?  If so, 9.x ACLs are substantially
different from 8.x.

Also, be warned that the process of downgrading from 9.x to 8.x - should
you need to do so - can be painful.

I actually need to update my "IPv6 experience on Cisco ASA" page to
reflect some things related to 9.x.  Hopefully some time this week...

jms