[c-nsp] Reasons for "random" ISIS flapping?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Aug 7 06:37:34 EDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 13:01 +0300, Saku Ytti wrote:
> I'd try to increase hold-queue. Maybe also do SPAN for received
> control-plane traffic, just to have idea what are you actually
> receiving and if it looks legit.

I've started recording the RP traffic. Unfortunately I can't do a local
capture of this traffic, so I have to resort to ERSPAN. Which is fine
except if the device actually loses connectivity shortly when
experiencing this.

I'll wait with adjusting anything until next time I see the problem,
hoping that I can come closer to a reason.

>  > We only have one area and should actually be using L2 only. ...
>
> No, I fully agree with your assertion, was just curious. And of course
> now if you decide that you need to add maybe metro networks with
> separate ISIS domain, you're screwed.
> Haven't thought about how L1->L2 migration is done and if it's
> possible to do hitlessly. But certainly has no bearing to your current
> issue.

Yeah that migration is going to be fun. :-)

--
Peter