[c-nsp] Incorrect ASN in Traceroute

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Wed Aug 7 11:26:15 EDT 2013

Hey folksŠ

I can't say I've ever run across this and looking for ideas.

Turning up a 7206VXR for the purpose of being a looking glass.  Created
multi hop BGP connections to nearest core boxes and everything looks good
except the trace route information.

They are showing the wrong ASN lookups on our own network IP's but also
further out on the Internet depending on the path.  Most likely it's
inserting the wrong ASN when lookups can't be found is my guess but why
isn't it putting our own AS in for at least the local subnets?

Any ideas are most welcomeŠ

Paul