[c-nsp] Incorrect ASN in Traceroute

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Wed Aug 7 14:17:46 EDT 2013

HeheŠ sorry for the flashbacks ;)

In this particular instance, we had a BGP peer that was slipping us a
default route.  That route was actually making it into the BGP tables
locally (but not chosen as best route thankfully!).  Guess I need to look
at tighter filtering again geeshŠ.

So with the default route in the BGP tables, when the 7200 was doing an
ASN lookup for local addresses it was matching 0.0.0.0/0 from BGP and
associating that to their ASN.

Cheers,

Paul