[c-nsp] speed and duplex change of remote router

Mike Hale eyeronic.design at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 18:05:53 EDT 2013

Not without taking the link down.

If you don't mind taking the link down for a little bit, you can run a
script locally that telnets into the router, changes the speed/duplex,
then tries to ping out.  If it can't for more than a minute, telnet
back into the box and change the speed/duples back.

Another way is to use a scheduled reload (e.g. reload in 5) and then
cancel the reload if the change worked.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Michael Sprouffske
<msprouffske at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a safe way to change the speed and duplex of a remote routers WAN connection without taking down the link while making the changes?  I know if you change the speed and its wrong you will lose connectivity.  I have a link that is setup auto, but my isp has their end setup 10 full.  I would prefer not to drive all the way to this place to change the speed to 10 full on the wan interface.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0