[c-nsp] why are packets not following the more specific route - xr 4.1.2 (asr9k)

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Aug 15 12:49:05 EDT 2013

I have a blackhole security device injecting routes into my internet
boundary asr9k.. I see that the bgp prefixes are rcv'd on my 9k and the are
installed in the per-vrf rib.  The next hop for those routes are via a
directly connected interface towards the blackhole.. But for some reason I
continue to see on traceroutes from a computer that's deeper into my
internal network via mpls l3vpn, that this computer's traceroutes flow right
passed that 9k's more specific routes and follows the default route out to
the internet.  Any idea why ?

Aaron