[c-nsp] Reasons for "random" ISIS flapping?

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 23:29:13 EDT 2013

Was the traffic from a connected source? The rate limiter you mentioned
only applies for local sources
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/security/m1/sec-cr-m2.html#wp1716645027

The key would be to understand the punt reason for that traffic, most
likely through a NetDR capture.

As a wide net here are some rate limiter numbers I found. YMMV.

mls rate-limit all ttl-failure 100 10

mls rate-limit multicast ipv4 fib-miss 10000 250

mls rate-limit multicast ipv4 partial 500 250

mls rate-limit multicast ipv4 connected 2500 250

Fib-miss will be for everything not matching an mroute entry, partial is a
Partial-SC mroute entry. You may want to also configure non-rpf rate
limiter.