[c-nsp] 6500, 7600 or ASR

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Fri Aug 30 05:56:21 EDT 2013

Hello,

just for my interest: what amount of routes are we discussing ?

show platform hardware capacity:
L3 Forwarding Resources
             FIB TCAM usage:                     Total        Used
%Used
                  72 bits (IPv4, MPLS, EoM)     1048576      460874
 44%
                 144 bits (IP mcast, IPv6)      524288       14178
 3%
                 288 bits (IPv6 mcast)          262144           1
 1%

Do you expect to have more than 1M IPv4 / 512k IPv6 routes or is there
some other limitation I do not see ?

Back to topic:
If shaping and not only rate-limiting is needed (was mentioned in the
initial mail), 6500/7600 is no option anyway afaik.

kind regards
Rolf