[c-nsp] Bridging over PPP

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Sat Aug 31 17:21:15 EDT 2013

Hi,

	I have a location that has several PPPoE customers, which are
terminating on my 7201 router. I have a somewhat unreliable ethernet
link connecting these users to the router which I have decided to
replace with a link formed of bonded T1's. The question is can I somehow
create an ethernet bridge over bonded T1's (ppp multilink) or must I use
a VPN to tunnel the ethernet traffic thru? I am happy with and have an
ethernet bridging over vpn solution, it's just peformance and the fact
of needing another box at the far end site close to the users which is
ugly and undesirable. Any suggestions appreciated.

Mike-