[c-nsp] Chassis replace

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Dec 2 12:39:26 EST 2013

On Sun, 2013-12-01 at 23:44 +0300, Ahmed Hilmy wrote:
> Kindly, I have 7606 chassis with SUP32 IP/MPLS , I want to replace the
> chassis with same same type so I will turn off the old chassis then
> plug out the SUP32 from old chassis and plug in to the new chassis
> then pore on the new chassis.
>
> So once I turn on the new chassis , the service will be recovered
> normally?
>
> The new chassis has been tested with SUP720.

This should work fine. Any chassis that will take a Sup720 will also
take a Sup32.

Keep in mind that MAC addresses for e.g. SVIs ("interface Vlan<n>") are
taken from the chassis pool, which can be viewed with "show catalyst6000
chassis-mac-addresses". If the device functions as a gateway the gateway
MAC address might change. Same goes for IPv6 EUI-64 addresses and STP
bridge identifiers; the latter might be of concern if the root bridge
was elected using the MAC addresses as a tie breaker, though this would
probably mean you have other problems as well. :-)

Unless you have configuration that specifically refers to the current
MAC addresses you should be fine.

--
Peter