[c-nsp] ME-3600, 15.3(3)S1a - is it a new safe harbor?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Dec 3 08:58:26 EST 2013

On Tuesday, December 03, 2013 02:10:44 PM Aivars wrote:

> Personally I don't think so. I have hit a bug on this
> particular IOS that prevents using xconnect and IP
> address together on a bridge domain. Cisco even does not
> share the bug ID - internal bug. It should however be
> fixed in 15.4.1S. So my opinion is - there is no "safe
> harbor" for ME3600.

When we first started deploying this platform back in 2011
(I think we were easily the first Cisco customer of the box
in those numbers doing MPLS in the Access, and probably
still the largest today), we estimated switch reboots for
the next 4 to 5 years until we were reasonably comfortable
with the system from a service and operations standpoint.

This entailed both feature installations and bug fixes.

I think we should see some proper stability on this box (a
la 7200, 6500, e.t.c.) around 2016, to be honest.

Time to invest in mass router/switch CLI software.
Unfortunately, you have to keep up; but, all things
considered, it's worth it.

Cheers,

Mark.