[c-nsp] Cisco ScanSafe, aka Cisco Cloud Web Security

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 15:05:05 EST 2013

We currently use CCWS (previously ScanSafe) with the Anyconnect client.
 Nice solution.  Whether your in the office or remoting from a Starbucks,
the traffic is always proxied.  We went with the solution because of a
couple reasons:

1. with multiple egress points on the corporate network, we didn't want to
be down if we lost a proxy server.

2. corporate laptops whether in the office or at Starbucks would still be
proxied.  This helps limit our virus and malware infections.  and provides
HR reports.

3 split tunneling would be an option because the traffic doesn't have to
come back to your internal proxy.

4. our remote home office bandwidth is very limited, so using the cloud it
provided for better use of that bandwidth.

all and all it's a good solution.  I'm not going to tell you that we have
not had any issues, but with any new solution, there will be a couple
bruises along the way.

YMMV

Scott