[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Dec 10 04:43:28 EST 2013

On 10/12/2013 09:31, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> How can I connect them to the iBGP without them carrying full tables?
> Route-maps for the neighbor definitions? Is that really all it takes?
>
> And OTOH again - why would I not want to carry < 100 LSAs in my IGP?

if it's 100 LSAs, there's not going to be much practical difference between
the two.

If you want to do it with BGP, I'd recommend setting up a couple of VMs to
act as route reflectors (with e.g. bird or quagga or something) and
creating a very simple BGP community policy: tag your transit prefixes,
your peering prefixes and your internal prefixes using different community
values.  Then you can use the route reflectors to control how the prefixes
are distributed around your network.  It's a small amount of work, but it's
an approach that scales well in practice.

Nick