[c-nsp] cheap core switch for a "hacker space" (nonprofit association)

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Tue Dec 10 16:57:55 EST 2013

Markus,

On 10 Dec 2013, at 21:19, Markus H <hauschild.markus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have found a Cisco Catalyst 4948-S to be less expensive on ebay than two 3750G-24 (and both options are far cheaper than any
> Juniper EX on ebay).

4948 without letter ‘E’ at the end signifies a version based on the
older Supervisor design without hardware forwarding of IPv6.

You should definitely look at 4948E or newest 3650.

Also, being non-profit organization, you should work with the local
Cisco account team. They should be able to work on something special
in terms of discounts for that kind of organization. If you fail,
please write to me at lbromirski (@cisco.com), I’ll try to connect you
with proper people.

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net