[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Dec 11 15:45:21 EST 2013

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 08:12:44 PM Gert Doering
wrote:

> I don't think I'd ever recommend that, except to a
> competitor.
>
> Having a few 100 external(!) LSAs in an IGP won't make
> any of them sweat, not even a stone-age cisco IOS 11.0
> OSPF implementation on a 2500.
>
> OTOH, introducing more complexity by bringing in extra
> routing intelligence, *and* putting these into a VM (aka
> "your VM infrastructure has a hickup, all your network
> is down, have fun bringing it back up") is...

While I agree that, perhaps, running your service provider
network route reflectors on BIRD, Quagga and friends is not
something I'd go for, deploying route reflectors early on
(especially when you think you don't need them) is a good
thing.

I've embraced laziness as a network engineer. Gives me more
time to document what color screws I use for border routers
vs. core switches :-).

Mark.