[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Dec 12 03:50:59 EST 2013

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:30:06 AM Adam Vitkovsky
wrote:

> And here I would object that with PIC-Core and PIC-Edge
> BGP is as fast as OSPF/ISIS doing IP FRR.

I have seen extraordinary BGP performance in modern code in
IOS and Junos, particularly in NG-MVPN scenarios where BGP
is handling PIM messages.

BGP PIC, Next Hop Addressing Tracking and Fast Fallover have
all improved BGP performance to the point where it doesn't
matter that much.

Perhaps, some day, when I'm really lazy, I'll work on some
empirical data for various scenarios.

Mark.