[c-nsp] C6500 IPv6 redistribute with route-map?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Dec 12 03:55:13 EST 2013

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:42:01 AM Adam Vitkovsky
wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> Do you plan on running virtual XR, XE or JUNOS or even
> some customized BGP daemon on those?
> I'm very interested on how it will work out for you.
> I'm all pro for virtualizing BGP control plane, makes so
> much sense.

CSR1000v on ESXi for IOS XE, or vRR on Qemu/KVM for Junos.

I'll let you know how we go; but yes, all that RAM and CPU
that will be available in a 1U server vs. a (decent) router
like the ASR1001 or Juniper RE-1800X4 is too hard to resist.

Mark.