[c-nsp] QoS DSL/L2TP PP Subscribers

Grischa Stegemann gs at plusline.de
Fri Dec 13 16:17:22 EST 2013

On 13.12.13 18:27, James Bensley wrote

> Then I simply apply it with an AV pair on the user's RADIUS account, as follows;
>
>  cisco-avpair = "sub-qos-policy-out=PM-Shape-DSL"
>
> Is it really that basic?

Yes... well, actually the router will apply the policy to the
Virtual-Access interface but it won't do anything unless the Vi is a ppp
multilink bundle (according to my experience at least).

> In the example above I have shaped the connection to 800k. In real
> life though all the DSL circuits are sync'ing at different rates of
> course, which the LNS knows about (I guess the RADIUS server passes
> this back to the LNS, or does it come straight from the LAC of the
> wholesale DSL provider?);

If the provider is giving you the synced bandwidth then it s very
simple. Just use "shape average percent 100" and "bandwidth percent XX"
within your policy-maps.

Sadly not all DSL wholesale providers are supplying the synchronized
bandwidth with the L2TP session.

Regards,
Grischa