[c-nsp] EVC Question/Clarification

George Giannousopoulos ggiannou at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 04:07:49 EST 2013

Hi,

EVCs are used with CFM.
In order to enable transparent flow of CFM packets through a service
instance, you must associate the service instance with the evc.
This is used only when the ME3600x/ME3800x itself, has globally enabled the
CFM functionality.
If CFM is not enabled on the device, then CFM frames are forwarded
transparently without the specific evc config.

It's been a while since I used it, so some of the above may be outdated..

George