[c-nsp] Nexus 3064 - wrong interface traffic statistics

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Dec 16 16:34:56 EST 2013

On 16/12/2013 21:31, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> first thing you want to do is set "load-interval 30" on both sides of the
> link, then wait a couple of minutes, then re-read the interface counters.

err, got confused by Load-Interval #2 on the N3064 side.  n/m.

No idea which one is correct.  The 7600 is known to have interesting
interpretations on how much traffic is flowing through its interfaces.
Actually on the 7600, you might want to increase the load-interval to
something larger than 30 seconds, because from what I remember this
platform only reads from line cards every several seconds, which means that
at a 30 second load interval, you'll end up with stepping problems causing
incorrect readings.

Nick