[c-nsp] VACL Question

Randy amps at djlab.com
Thu Dec 19 11:24:15 EST 2013

Hi,

Indeed, I've mirrored all the ACL entries. That isn't the issue.

The problem is when you have egress traffic over a physical L3 interface
rather than another VLAN.

Let's say I've got only VLAN's 2 - 250 active and configured for hosts
with WAN ports on physical L3 interfaces and I want to monitor all
traffic between VLAN 91 and the internet (L3 WAN ports) and my ACL's are
correct.

The following show only inbound traffic from WAN->VLAN:

(config-if)#switchport capture allowed vlan 91

(config-if)#switchport capture allowed vlan 2-250

(config-if)#switchport capture allowed vlan 1-1000

Auto-magically, the 'all' statement includes L3 WAN ports and now you
get both sides of the traffic:

(config-if)#switchport capture allowed vlan all

So, the L3 ports have some 'magic' VLAN number or is this a bug/feature
of the 'all' statement?

Sadly, if I understand it correctly, the 'all' keyword means I can only
have a single ACL active -- no ability to set up another capture port
with a different VACL.

~Randy