[c-nsp] Not working tLDP or PW between me3600 15.3(3)S1a

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Fri Dec 20 05:07:03 EST 2013

Hi folks,

Just to follow up on this with our latest findings.

The new HW revision boxes (port numbers marked with up and down arrows)
are sending targeted LDP hellos with IP TTL of 0, the outer label has TTL
255.
So the PHP nodes will drop the hellos instead of forwarding them to VC head
end/tail end.

This behavior seems to be triggered by something, we have yet to identify
what that trigger is.
Reproducible after reloads and also on 15.3(3)S1.

So another below the belt punch (we had older HW revision boxes in the lab
unfortunately).

adam