[c-nsp] MPLS/VPN Loadbalancing with 2 CPE routers

Chris Stand cstand141 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 07:10:51 EST 2013

Bonjour,

   I do not know your exact topology well enough, but could you run GLBP on
a vlan that goes through the L3 switch ( I am not aware of a switch that
ONLY does L3 and does not allow you to pass L2 through at the same time.  I
do GLBP on 7K & VSS links that run through other 6500s.

Or, again not being fully knowledgeable on your network , could you do 2
HSRP groups on the LAN and use both default gateways at the same time on
devices that point to the existing HSRP ".1"

If you have not done this before you make routerA active in group1, standby
in group2; routerB standby in group1, active in group2.

Message: 10