[c-nsp] MPLS/VPN Loadbalancing with 2 CPE routers

Chris Stand cstand141 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 07:38:12 EST 2013

Is there "too much" traffic on one leg ?  Does PE2 & PE1 connect into the
same provider cloud or are they different ( orange, AT&T ).

I think maybe you might need to let PE1 and PE2 talk directly to each other
and if you do not care about BGP/AS paths ( I analyzed the paths of close
to 500K remote networks from our 2 different service provider BGP feeds  [
since converted to default as there was no gain; everybody talks to
everybody and TATA talks to the rest ] and statistically they were the
same) ... just make both of them learn a default route from their next hops
and handle the link1, link2, link1, link2 route that way.

??