[c-nsp] Maximum Throughtput Cisco Router

Bill Blackford bblackford at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 14:00:03 EST 2013

A few years back, I went with a pair of ASR1002's.s  1. My traffic was
400Mbps and with that particular mix, had lots and lots of small packets.
Hence, microbursts were enough to make the single 7301 fall over on
occasion.  2. My traffic was trending on a 150% increase every two years. I
found it necessary to design for what I need in 3 - 4 years vs. "what I
need now". In my opinion, if you have that much traffic, don't invest in
sub-rate devices, go with line-rate. You might discover down the road that
your traffic may change, as mine did, or you may be compelled to enable
features you hadn't thought of at purchase time that yield performance
penalties.

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Darwin Santana <dlsy at casainteligente.com.do
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can I handle a 400 Mbps or up the bandwidth on the Router 3925E?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Darwin

Bill Blackford

Logged into reality and abusing my sudo privileges.....