[c-nsp] ISIS BFD not Supported on CRS-3 ?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Feb 1 13:48:22 EST 2013

>Hi C-NSP Members,
>
>We are a service provider running Cisco CRS-3 in our IP/MPLS core. Due to
>protection, we have recently added another 10Gbps
>link connecting 2 Cisco CRS-3 core routers, namely CR-A and CR-B. The
>config below are on CR-A and CR-B has similar config.
>Question :
>1. Is this a known issue that BE interface does not support BFD ?

well, yes. IOS-XR only supports BFD for a bundle-vlan, or, what would be
ok for you, BFD for each bundle-member. This way, BFD will run on each
physical member, and the system will remove the member from the bundle if
BFD fails. If the last member leaves, the bundle goes down, and the
protocols will see the link going down. This is IMHO superior as each
physical link is tested individually. Please check
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4.0/interfaces/co
nfiguration/guide/hc40bifw.html#wp1040061 for instructions..
please note that this feature requires XR on both ends of the links.

	oli