[c-nsp] strange RTT increase in ASR1006

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sun Feb 3 12:06:06 EST 2013

On 03/02/2013 09:34, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:
> That was my very first source of information. Although it's missing some explanations,
> it's nice to see such info on CCO.
> The problem is that increased rtt (probably due to excessive buffering/queuing) isn't
> discussed into this, only packet drops.

just noticed you're using a sip10 in the second scenario.  Are both of the
10ge ports on the same sip10?  If so, you could easily be microbursting
beyond the 10G capacity on the sip.

Do you had a spare sip10?  If you could connect up the second 10GE port to
a second sip10 and check the configuration for packet loss?

Also what do the following commands show on the esp20/sip10 box:

Router# show platform hardware port 1/0/0 plim statistics
Router# show platform hardware port 1/1/0 plim statistics

The RP CPU shouldn't be affected by the traffic load unless the esp is
punting packets to it.

Nick