[c-nsp] strange RTT increase in ASR1006

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sun Feb 3 14:37:12 EST 2013

On 03/02/2013 19:20, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:
> That was my initial though too.
> But even with two SIPs, each one with one 10G SPA, the problem remains. That's why i'm
> blaming the ESP.
>
> There aren't any drops shown with the "show...plim"commands.

odd.

I also noticed that routerperformance.pdf suggests that the max throughput
on an esp20 is 13Gbit/sec @ 25mpps/64 bytes per packet.  While this pdf
doesn't provide the exact configuration used in the testing, it would seem
reasonable to believe that because the figure is > 10G, that there was more
than a single sip10 in use.  Frustrating not to know what this figure
actually refers to :-(

Anyway, the public specs are quite clear that the bandwidth available off
the ESP20 is fully 20Gbit/sec.  If you aren't getting this even with a
single 10GE spa per sip10, then this definitely looks wrong and Cisco have
some explaining to do.

Nick