[c-nsp] Replacement for Cisco ACE load balancers

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Mon Feb 4 10:13:48 EST 2013

We have a pair of Cisco ACE-20 blades in our core 6500 data center switches. Since Cisco has EOL the ACE blades and we are retiring
our 6500s (moving to Nexus 5000), we are looking for a replacement load balancing hardware. This is for high-availability rather
than scalability. Our throughput needs are very low so we are looking at the bottom end of vendors appliances.

We are looking at F5, Foundry (Brocade), and Citrix Netscaler. Anyone else go through this and have recommendations/horror
stories/info they would like to share? Thanks.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff        | Fax:   914-460-4139