[c-nsp] ASR-100x intro

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Thu Feb 7 04:09:52 EST 2013

data sheet clear about this -  1,000,000 IPv4 or 1,000,000 IPv6 routes.
That's FIB, and we currently have about 440K routes. You only need more
RAM with many full-view feeds.

1002-X ESP40 has lower values because it can only handle 36Gbit, you
can't physically install more then 3x10Gbit interfaces, So 3x10gbit +
6x1Gbe onboard = 36Gbit.

RP limitation is only cpu power and ram (amount of full feeds). As some
presentation PDFs says RP2 can handle 25M as route reflector.

ESP is limited amount routes can be installed in FIB.

ASR1001 is have dual-core CPU 2.2Ghz, others have RP1 based on freescale
CPU.

You need at least 8Gb memory if you run more then 2 full bgp feeds
and/or software redudancy. I even suggest to maxout to 16Gb. Half of
memory will be available for platform only not IOS process.

Most info comes from presentation unfortunately its Russian.
http://www.ciscoexpo.ru/club/sites/default/files/seminar_attachments/anidlis.asr_.1000.archtecture.v0.4.pdf