[c-nsp] Cisco 6509 LACP

Tóth András diosbejgli at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 15:42:40 EST 2013

Hi Mike,

First of all, how do you see that traffic is not passing? Could you please
elaborate on how do you test it, from where to where are you trying to send
traffic or ping tests? Does traffic pass if links are used as standalone
(not being in a channel)?

If you configure an IP address for each vlan interface, can you ping
between the 6500 and the force10? If yes, the problem might be between the
vmware and force10 instead.

Are the force10 ports configured for dot1q trunk as well to be able to
carry multiple vlans? Are they set with the same native vlan as the Cisco?
(Default native vlan is 1)

Could you do a sh spanning-tree on both switches for the po interfaces to
make sure they are not blocking? sh span int po1

Do you see the correct neighbors in cdp table? sh cdp nei

Can you confirm that the same issue is observed when using 'mode active'?

Best regards,
Andras