[c-nsp] sup720 ICMP redirects "once per second"

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 11 09:17:36 EST 2013

All,

Does anyone know which knob controls the "only send 1 ICMP redirect /
sec" on an HSRP-enabled SVI on 6500/sup720 (SXJ IOS)? Is there a "show"
command for the defaults / current setting?

Note: I am not talking about the redirect MLS rate-limiter here; that's
disabled. I'm seeing constant traffic flowing and would expect constant
ICMP redirects, but that's not happening - they're coming at regular
1-second intervals, regardless of the underlying packet arrival rate.