[c-nsp] sup720 ICMP redirects "once per second"

Tóth András diosbejgli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:42:07 EST 2013

Hi Phil,

As I understand you have disabled the MLS rate-limiter for redirects, so
that should not cause throttling, but you can check with "sh ibc" to see
the rate at which packets arrive to the CPU.

With mls rate-limit redirect disabled, packets will be still subject to
CoPP because they require CPU processing to generate a redirect, so perhaps
your CoPP policy (probably class default) is limiting them? That can also
cause packet loss between those stations if the traffic requires punting.

You could also check the "ip icmp rate-limit unreachable" command, might be
applicable here too.

Best regards,
Andras