[c-nsp] ip tcp adjust-mss

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Mon Feb 11 16:51:02 EST 2013

It is common practice because people do not control all of the MTU sizes
on all of the links in their network.  If you control all of the links
you raise the MTU.  Sometimes that isn't an option due to providers or
legacy equipment (sometimes equals more often than not).
I never said it was good, I said it was common.
In a follow up response I compared it to smoking and drinking.
Lots of people do it but it doesn't make it healthy.
I am suffering in the fourth year of trying to get such a link replaced.
Thankfully it is the last one. At least till we make another acquisition.

LR Mack McBride
Network Architect