[c-nsp] sup720 ICMP redirects "once per second"

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:06:16 EST 2013

>From what I could dig up, yes, 1 per second, rate limited on a
per-interface basis.

>From a CEF point of view, when we do the lookup and realize we have to do a
redirect we punt to process switching. From the 6k perspective this would
be a specific punt to software that would be matched against the MLS rate
limiter. At that point the ICMP code looks at the input interface and the
last time a redirect was generated on that interface to determine if a new
redirect should be generated.

-Pete