[c-nsp] isis config nexus7K vs Cisco 7600

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Sun Feb 17 23:18:07 EST 2013

> I have a problem getting level-2 routes announced between nexus7K and
Cisco7600.

On IOS, in ISIS there are three modes of authentication.
If authentication is configured under interface, the auth-tlv is appended to
the level 1 IIH by default i.e. if level is not specified.
If "area-password" cmd is used under the "router isis" config, the auth-tlv
is inserted into: level 1 LSPs, CSNPs, PSNP.
If "domain-password" cmd is used under the "router isis" config, the
auth-tlv is inserted into: level 2 LSPs, CSNP, PSNP.

Looking at the NX-OS.
I see only Area and Interface config options.
So if you have your 7600 configured with "domain-password" under "router
isis", I really don't see what would be the matching configuration for the
NX7K, so that these two can exchange L2 LSPs.

adam