[c-nsp] pros and cons for IPTV multicast in rosen-mvpn vs GRT

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Mon Feb 18 06:35:21 EST 2013

> easier to reduce loss-of-connectivity after link/node failures using IGP
Fast Convergence compared to BGP-based convergence.
Yes the convergence time would be slower I suppose as a mere addition of
another protocols to the picture.
Though if you consider the whole LoC timeframe the IGP or BGP convergence is
one of the smallest portions -compared to the PIM convergence time.

> Why do you consider putting it into a VRF?
Well the main concern my boss has is the exposure of core/global routing
table to set-top-boxes -as a potential attack vector

adam