[c-nsp] Any experience with DMVPN on ASR1K?

Nasir Shaikh nasir at nasirshaikh.com
Tue Feb 19 03:47:44 EST 2013

Hi,

Finally got the ASR1Ks delivered and configured but somehow DMVPN is not
working! I accepted the EULA for the IPSec license, it shows activated and I
have adjusted and copied the config from the 7206npe-g2 to the ASR1k. The
router accepts all the configuration but does not recognize a "sh dmvpn"or
"sh ip nhrp" command. Isakmp SAs are not being established.

Do I need to activate something else?

ASR1K#sh hard

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M),
Version 15.2(2)S1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

IOS XE Version: 03.06.01.S

System image file is "bootflash:asr1001-universalk9.03.06.01.S.152-2.S1.bin"

License Level: advipservices

License Type: EvalRightToUse

Next reload license Level: advipservices

cisco ASR1001 (1RU) processor with 1163448K/6147K bytes of memory.

Configuration register is 0x2102

ASR1K##sh license feature

Feature name             Enforcement  Evaluation  Subscription   Enabled
RightToUse

adventerprise            yes          yes         no             no
yes

advipservices            yes          yes         no             yes
yes

ipsec                    yes          yes         no             yes
yes

ASR1K##sh dmvpn                        ^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.