[c-nsp] Next step-up from 7206VXR

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Feb 19 10:57:20 EST 2013

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Eric A Louie wrote:

> I've run out of port capacity on my 7206VXR and need to go to "the next router"
> or put in another 7206VXR side-by-side.
>
> Any recommendations on what to use if I were to replace my existing 7206VXR with
> another chassis?  (it's limited to 5 GB interfaces, and we need 7 or 8)

You've got to say more about what the router is doing and what you need
from it.  If it's routing for 8 1gb ethernets and doing full BGP routes,
and nothing special, then a 6500 is an attractive option bang for your
buck-wise.  They're made for ethernet and comparitively cheap to keep
adding ports to.