[c-nsp] ASA IPS Module SSM-20 in Failover Reboot

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Thu Feb 21 05:37:48 EST 2013

There are a few problems that can trigger a failover:

CSCts98806 Standby ASA 5585 Reporting Service Card Failure on Signature
Update
CSCtx92801 ASA: Failover due to data channel failure when making IPS config
changes
CSCud41702 IPS: After IPS config change, a false failover occurs with the
ASA

Cisco has an enhancement to overcome these limitations:

CSCsm81086 Allow user to exclude the status of the SSM or SSP from failover
checks

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
amsoares at netcabo.pt