[c-nsp] copy flash to tftp server

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Feb 25 13:47:16 EST 2013

On (2013-02-25 10:20 -0800), Michael Sprouffske wrote:

> I get the transfer going and then it errors out at 32,768KB.  Does this mean that I can only transfer that amount of data?  Not sure I've run into this issue before.  Some guidance on copying an ios image from flash to a tftp server would be much appreciated.

Standard specifies no way to send arbitrary sized files in TFTP.

You have 2**16 segments, each 512B, totalling 32MB.

There is enchancement to TFTP increasing segment size, yet most common
method to workaround this limitation is to roll-over segment#, which is
not supported by standard .

You really should migrate to scp If not possible, just try another tftp
which supports segment# roll-over.

--
  ++ytti