[c-nsp] l2vpn vpls w/bgp autodiscovery - me3600x to asr9k

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Jan 7 10:37:17 EST 2013

Thank Matt, I haven't read rfc's 4761/2 (started reading 4761 the other
day)...

I'm using me3600x 15.2(2)S...  I wonder if this would've told me that this
me3600 used ldp... ?

sv-b-ME3600-test#sh vfi
Legend: RT=Route-target, S=Split-horizon, Y=Yes, N=No

VFI name: vpls1, state: up, type: multipoint signaling: LDP

...also, the idea for bgp OR ldp for the signaling portion....does the
targeted ldp neighbor session mean that these devices are using ldp for
signaling within the vpls w/bgp autodiscovery architecture OR does the ldp
targeted neighbor session exists *regardless* ?

Thanks, I'm trying to learn here....appreciate it.  As usually, this list is
a wonderful resource and thanks to Matt and Pete for assisting thus far with
the vpls ad thing...appreciate all y'all

Aaron