[c-nsp] l2vpn vpls w/bgp autodiscovery - me3600x to asr9k

Waris Sagheer (waris) waris at cisco.com
Mon Jan 7 23:38:29 EST 2013

We are also planning to support L2VPN BGP Signaling on ME3800X/ME3600X/ME3600-24CX in 15.3(2)S, March 30th 2013.
As Pete mentioned, Cisco L2VPN implementation has been using LDP for signaling. LDP can be link or targeted. For signaling it always uses targeted LDP sessions.
ASR9K was the first platform in Cisco to support BGP signaling on IOS XR. Moving forward IOS devices will also be supporting BGP Signaling.
BGP Autodiscovery on the other hand has been supported on IOS and IOS XR for a long time.

Regards,
Waris