[c-nsp] IOS XR PIC (+ multipath)

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Tue Jan 8 11:00:15 EST 2013

Hi folks,
Does anybody here have some experience negative/positive with PIC on IOS XR.

More specifically with the new CLI for the feature in 4.2 :

route-policy RP-PIC
  set path-selection backup 1 install
end-policy
!
router bgp 123
 address-family vpnv4 unicast
  additional-paths selection route-policy RP-PIC

I'm more interested in the advanced multipath/primary-backup implementation:

-so for equal cost paths I'll have the balancing in place
-and for unequal cost paths I'll have the PIC in place

route-policy RP-PIC
  set path-selection backup 1 install multipath-protect
end-policy
!
router bgp 123
 vrf test
  address-family ipv4 unicast
   additional-paths selection route-policy RP-PIC
   maximum-paths eibgp 8

Any feedback is appreciated
Thanks

adam